Pet Zone Smart Scoop Automatic Litter Box Review
Last Updated on
Pet Zone is known for making smart and innovative products for cats and dogs. Their products range from: feeding bowls and dishes, toys, to waste management litter boxes.
They have developed the Smart Scoop Automatic Litter Box, which has become quite popular among cat owners. If you're wondering if this is an effective automatic cat litter box, which will solve all litter box problems, read our review below.
This is a "self-cleaning" litter box, which eliminates the need for manual scooping. There is an auto mechanism, which detects when your cat has used the litter box, and will rake any waste 15 minutes after each use.
All the waste is automatically dropped in a waste collection bin. The pet zone smart scoop cat litter automatic device creates a very low volume of the noise, it's about 4 times quieter than the other leading brands.
Editor's Rating: 4/5 Overall Score
How Does The Pet Zone Smart Scoop Work?
It works on the similar rake mechanism but provides a better cleaning service than the other brand’s cat litter boxes. Once the cat is done with its business, the machine’s sensors turn on and start the 15-minutes delay cleaning cycle.
This helps the machine to get all the clumped litter into the waste box covered with a disposable bag. Even if the cat steps back in the litter box, the cycle stops and restarts after 5 minutes when the cat leaves.
Step 1: There is a strong metal rake, which scoops the litter box 15 minutes after it's been used by your cat or kitty.
Step 2: It then automatically drops it, inside the waste collection bin.
This seals the odor inside.
Step 3: The litter box is clean and is ready to be used by your cat(s) again.
- Effectively cleans the litter of the cat
- Simple design but strong and durable
- It has metal gears which perform the main action
- Quiet working motor
- Rake cleaning system
- Works with a variety of cat clumping litters
- Not at all expensive to maintain the litter box
- Doesn’t require the waste collector trays or the cartridges
- Controls the odor perfectly
Cat using the Pet Zone Smart Scoop Litter Box
How to clean the unit?
After the waste collection bin has been become full (usually after 2-5 days depending on your cat's habits), you will need to remove the dirty plastic bag and throw it in a trash can. You will then need to replace it with a new plastic bag.
What's included in the package
- An automatic smart scoop litter box
- 1 Carbon Zeolite filter, which absorbs the odor
- 6 no-touch waste bags
- 1-year warranty of the product
Dimensions of the Pet Zone Smart Scoop
This product weights 9.3 lbs without any litter inside. The litter tray dimensions are: 13.5" x 15", while the dimensions of the litter area is large and measure: 21.5" x 17" so it is suitable for large cats as well.
Pros And Cons Of The Pet Zone Smart Scoop Litter Box
- The odor controlling carbon filter isn’t long-lasting
- Rake might miss some clumps
- Waste might get clogged at times
Click Button Below To Check Current Price On Amazon
Tips And Tricks How To Use It Correctly
To make sure that you increase the life of the Pet Zone Smart Scoop Litter Box, you need to operate it with expertise.
Below are some tips and tricks to make you are an expert in dealing with the Smart Scoop cat litter box. Follow them and make your cats love you even more for the comfy and clean litter box they have:
- Place a cat litter mat underneath the litter box so that the cat’s paws will step on the mat, preventing litter from being tracked and scattered on the floor.
- As customers have complained about the clogging of the litter, what you can do to get rid of it is let it dry. Once it is dry, it will fall directly into the litter box placed below at the beginning of the next cycle.
- Use a high-quality cat clumping litter to make the device work more efficiently
- The cord of the unit is short. Do use an extension lead to fix this issue.
Why Use An Automatic Cat Litter Box?
The main reason why so many people own one, is because it will automatically clean and scoop your cat's dirty litter for you. Every 15 minutes after each use by your cat.
This way after you get home from work or if you've been on a short trip away from home, you'll come back to a clean and odor free litter box. It's a great solution if you have multiple cats at home as well!
In addition, since it frequently cleans the dirty litter, you will save money in the long term, since the clean litter is not being wasted in the process.
The Pet Zone Smart Scoop Litter Box works automatically and cleans the cat’s litter without any major issues. The minor issues faced so far by the customers are easily solved by applying some tricks to the unit beforehand. This makes the smart scoop litter unit completely safe to use.
To know more about what the customers have to say about this rugged and sturdy product, click on the button below.