Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box Review
The Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box falls under the classification of the manual yet self-cleaning litter boxes. Although, the way it works is quite similar to the automatic cat litter boxes, this one requires some manual effort by the cat owner.
We all know that taking care of your cat's litter box can be a tedious task, but with the help of a self-cleaning litter box you won't have to scoop any stinky waste any more. Keep reading our review below, to see if this product works effectively and if it's really worth it?
This is a hooded litter box, which is also self-cleaning. You don't need to scoop your cat's waste any more, but you'll need to "Roll'n Clean" the box instead. You will need to roll the box to the right (until it touches the floor), and then roll it back to the upright position.
This manual effort will help separate the clean litter from any clumps. All clumps and waste will be dropped in a scoop. Once the scoop waste compartment gets full you'll need to pull it out and throw it away. The litter pan works best with clumping and silica litter types.
There is no electricity or filters needed, which make this product a good choice if you have a limited budget. The Omega Paw self-cleaning litter box is at the top of the list of all the manually operated self-cleaning cat litter boxes.
Editor's Rating: 4.1/5 Overall Score
How Does The Omega Paw Litter Box Work?
The way this litter box works is quite simple.
Step 1: Roll the box to the right and then return
Step 2: All clumps and waste are now inside the scoop compartment. Pull out the scoop.
Step 3: Throw away the waste from the scoop.
Basically what you are doing is shifting the waste into the disposal box attached to the side. While all the clean litter stays inside. You can do this a few times a day, depending on how many cats you have and what is their habit.
- Manually self-cleaning cat litter box
- Spares the customer from scooping manually every now and then
- A systematic to and fro movement leads to the collection of the litter in a waste box
- Drawer like removal of the waste box
- Easy waste disposal
- Suitable for multiple cats
- Size of the waste box can be changed
- Suitable for large cats
- Does not require electricity and filters
- Hooded shape to capture the odor
- Controls dust and odors really well
- Comes with a one-year warranty
What's included in the package:
- A simple self-cleaning litter box in taupe color
- Manual for guidance
Dimensions of this large litter box:
The Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter unit is quite large requiring sufficient floor space. Its dimensions are 23.5 x 21.2 x 10.5 inches. This unit is low in weight (7.6 pounds one of the lowest so far).
Pros And Cons Of The Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box:
Viewing the positive and negative aspects of the product makes it easy to decide whether you want to buy it or not.
- Easy to assemble
- Very easy to use- manually operated
- Traps the foul odors and is dust free
- Doesn’t require electricity or batteries
- Suitable for multiple and small to large cats usage
- Affordable and light in weight
- Large in size and requires a large floor space
- Litter might stick to the drawer or grate
- Assembly of the box is weak
- It can get stinky if you do not clean it regularly
Click Button Below To Check Current Price On Amazon
Tips And Tricks On How To Use It Correctly:
Manual self-cleaning litter boxes are a bit tricky to use, unlike the automatic motorized self-cleaning litter boxes. Using the tricks and tips below, you can maximize the use of the Omega Paw self-cleaning product.
- You need to assemble the unit properly. The latches can be weak which is why you need to follow each and every step given in the manual and tighten it properly.
- There are 3 simple steps to follow when it comes to rolling the litter unit. Makes sure you perform them right so that all the waste is collected in the waste box.
- To maximize the efficiency of this litter unit, you need to wash and clean it at least once a month. Twice a month cleaning would be great. To do this, first, disassemble the unit and then rinse it. Adding bleach would also help.
- Use a high-quality clumping cat litter. Refill it as well when it needs refilling.
Does The Omega Paw Self Cleaning Product Operate Effectively?
Before you decide if this is the right product for you and your pet's needs, let's consider some other important factors:
The fact that this is a hooded litter box helps with odor control, however all your cat's waste stays inside the box until you manually "Roll'n Clean". Once you do this, all clumps will then be inside the waste tray.
To eliminate odor, you should empty the waste tray after a few days or even sooner. You can also wash the tray, so it's completely clean and ready to be used again.
As we already mentioned, the Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box requires you to do some manual work.
When you "Roll'n Clean" the box, the clumps will fall into a waste tray. If you want perfect results, you should be doing this every time your cat poops or pees inside the box, however wait until the clumps have formed.
Motorized self-cleaning litter boxes on the other hand have a sensor, which detect when your feline has done it's business, and after 15-20 min. a metal rake will automatically scoop the waste and drop it inside a closed compartment.
So if you're away during the day, you'll get home to a clean litter box. However here you'll need to "Roll'n Clean" it.
The price of the box is quite affordable, when compared to motorized automatic litter boxes. Another big advantage is that you don't need to buy or change any filters, plastic bags, or trays. All you need is clumping or silica litter to fill it.
The Omega Paw Self-Cleaning yet manual cat litter box does have a clever design which allows you to manage your feline's waste, without having to scoop it. It is easy to use, and the cleaning is done in 3 steps. If you're looking for an affordable litter box, The Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box is a good choice to consider. For best results, make sure you're using hard clumping cat litter.