Super Feeder CSF-3 Automatic Cat Feeder – Full Review
Last Updated on
Every cat owner loves to feed their gorgeous fluffy cat(s), and often thinks about their cat's feeding schedule when they are away. I’ve seen many pet owners worry about their feline while they are away at work. They are often concerned about their daily care, activities and above all their food and diet schedule.
What if you weren’t able to come back home on time to feed your cat? Will it stay hungry for the rest of the evening? It might look around in the kitchen turning the place into a complete mess and yet find nothing at all to eat.
For such critical times, it's important to have a reliable automatic cat feeder, which will take care of all the meal times. The Super Feeder CSF-3 can serve up to 8 meals a day and can hold up to 5 cups (about 1.5 lbs) of dry cat food.
It also dispenses the food in two separate directions, which makes it a great option to consider if you own two cats at home, since they can fed simultaneously. Keep reading this detailed review, to find out if this is a good product worth owning?
Features of the CSF-3 Cat Super Feeder:
Editor's Rating: 4.5/5 Overall Score
The company "Super Feeder" which manufactures this product, claims that you can take home this product and be 100% confident in your cat’s timely diet. The super feeder is perfect for those who are away for half of the day from their homes.
By using the digital timer and customizing the settings of the feeder for the next several days, you can ensure that your cat gets proper portions of meals several times a day. This device is also capable of feeding up to two small cats (obviously you’ll have to set it for this function but it’s very easy to do so).
The device uses the roller and baffle system to make sure that the food is pushed out onto the tray for the cat for the programmed timings. It does not stick to the machine or damage the gear drive, unlike the other feeders which use the screw system to push the food out.
Some of the features of the cat feeder are as follows:
- It comes with an advanced digital timer, perfect for the setting of meal timings
- Can feed from one cup to multiple cup kibbles
- Can serve up to 8 meals per day
- Internal electronic timer with micro adjustment controller is installed within the device
- Dispenses small snacks between main meal times
- Can be controlled using the web or home monitoring system
- You can increase the food holding capacity by adding a separate 1.5-gallon holder
- Serves dry food to the cat
- Protected via tough polycarbonate chute cover
- Battery backup is offered so that the settings aren’t lost even if the electrical supply goes off
- Designed for indoor use
- 1-year warranty of the feeder
The dimensions of this product are 11 x 10 x 15 inches and the device alone weighs 5 pounds.
Pros and cons of the Super Feeder CSF 3:
- You can easily control the frequency, amount and the length of the feeding
- Customize the settings for several days or for the whole week
- Easy to use device
- Comes with a dishwasher-safe bowl
- Mountable device
- It is made up of fine quality materials
- You can use it with the home automation system or any web application
- Comes with a chute cover
- Not easily damaged by cats
- Can feed up to two cats at a time
- You also get the chance to use your cat’s favorite bowl
- Comes with 1 year warranty
- Requires a screwdriver to set and assemble the device properly
- Comparatively expensive than other feeders but highly suitable for busy pet owners
- Can serve only dry food, check out our article on the best wet cat food refrigerated feeders
Click Button Below To Check Current Price On Amazon
Tips and tricks to make sure you are using the Super Feeder CSF 3 to its fullest capacity:
I have mentioned some of the tricks below to make sure you use this, a-bit-expensive but highly functional cat feeder to its maximum capacity. The tricks are as follows:
- It requires only the use of a screwdriver to set up the whole device. Make sure you have it beforehand.
- The device is made for indoor use. Keeping it at an outdoor place would only damage your product.
- If you are in search for larger food capacity feeder, check out the XL model of this brand (shown below) or check our review of the Cat Mate C3000
- Make sure you have secured the cable well. The mischievous cats often step over it accidentally.
With the digital timer, you can program up to 8 meals per day, for particular days (example only Monday through Friday), or for all days of the week.
The portions of these meals can be set to be different sizes.
So if you have a feline that needs more careful diet and here you have lots of option to feed it just the right amount.
You also have to option to set additional small portions to be dispense between the main meals. The digital timer has a recharging battery which can be powered from a wall outlet.
Super Feeder Automatic Cat Feeder, CSF-3XL, Large Hopper
If you're looking for a larger feeder, so it can store more food inside, check out the Super Feeder CSF-3XL.
It has the same features, however it can hold up to 5 lbs of food. So if you have several cats at home, or if you're planning to be away from home for a few days.
Since there is a large food container on top, it's recommended to mount it on the wall or a cat tree for example. This way no large or mischievous pets will mess with the feeder.
Having an automatic feeder at home means that your feline will be fed the right amount of food at the right time. That's the main reason cat owners buy this product. With the CSF-3 Cat Super Feeder, you can be sure that your lovely furry ball will be fed when needed (up to 8 times a day). The timely feeding along with the snack-time feeding option, protective chute cover and the ability to feed two cats at a time makes it one of the highly recommended products for a cat owner.