Cat Mate C3000 Automatic Cat Feeder Review
Last Updated on
Many cat owners know the benefits of having an automatic cat feeder at home. The main advantage is that it will serve your feline meals while you are away.
So you don't have to worry any more about your cat missing any meals while you're at work, running errands, or are away from home for whatever reason.
When shopping for a cat feeder there are 3 basic things you should look for: programmable LCD screen, automatic feeding schedule system and an efficient power source which will keep it running.
The Cat Mate C3000 Automatic Cat Feeder offers all of these three essential features and proves to be the best for customers who want an easy to use machine which feeds their cats on time. Keep reading the review below, for more details on this cat feeder.
Editor's Rating: 4.2/5 Overall Score
Features Of The Cat Mate C3000 Automatic Pet Feeder:
This cat feeder serves very accurate portions of food from just 2 teaspoons upward. The dry food pellet and kibble size should be 1/2" in diameter or larger.
The fact that it can automatically feed up to 3 meals a day is very handy. You would probably want to set its frequent feed or snack-time feed mode if you are away for a long time.
For other features of the product, read below.
- A simple to use machine, user-friendly
- You can program it according to the feeding schedule you want
- Feeds the cat three times a day
- Comes with 4 automatic feed modes: automatic set mode, manual snack-time mode, manual operation, frequent feed mode
- Efficient food hopper. It can hold up to 6.5 pounds of dry pet food
- Works with 4 C batteries (not included in the package)
- It has the capacity to give away small feeds. The minimum feed it can give is 2 teaspoons
- The feed nozzle is tamper-proof
- Controlled through an LCD
- The device can work up to 9 to 12 month on the battery power supply
- All parts of the machine are dishwasher-safe
CatMate C3000 Pros and Cons:
Before you decide if this is a reliable cat feeder that's worth buying and using with your pet, lets go over the pros and cons of the Cat Mate C3000 automatic cat feeder.
- It offers your cat three meals a day
- You can manually set it for giving extra or snack time feed to the cat
- As it runs on battery, you can keep it in any place you want
- Change the battery of the device within 60 seconds and you won’t have to reprogram it
- Allows you to set the feeding schedule the way you want
- Easily affordable and easy to use
- The LCD screen is indeed a blessing
- Low battery indication is given on the LCD screen
- The parts of the device are easily washed in a dishwasher
- The hopper lid lock keeps the food fresh
- Works only with batteries
- Loud while operating
- Few customers reported that their cats meddled with the device without any struggle
- The batteries are quite expensive (though they last for a long time)
- It works only with dry food, if serve wet food, check the best wet cat food feeders
Click Button Below To Check Current Price On Amazon
Four Mode Settings:
The feeder allows you to program up to 3 meals a day, in an interval of 24 hours. But you can also choose the following modes:
- Extra Feed: this allows you to add one extra feed, in addition to the 3 meals you've already programmed for the day. This means you'll have a total of 4 meals served to your cat.
- Manual Feed: you can manually dispense whatever amount of food you want for your cat.
- Advance Feed: this means that the feeder will serve one of the programmed meals earlier than it was originally scheduled for.
Frequent Feed: this is a very handy mode setting, if you have a cat that has specific dietary needs (for example, if it has diabetes). The frequent feed means that the feeder will dispense a smaller food portion several times a day. You will need to select the the food size (from 2 teaspoons upwards), and set the number of times it will be dispensed throughout the day.
Tips and tricks to make use of the Cat Mate C3000 feeder:
Every cat feeder comes with its own unique features which make it either easy or difficult for the customers to use. The features of this device are rather simple but by applying the tricks below, you can make your life a lot easier.
- If your cat is diabetic, you can use the frequent feed mode to feed it on time.
- You can place a wooden board beneath the device. It has proven to increase the overall stability of the device.
- Is the battery running low? Worried about reprogramming the device? Not with this one! If you change the batteries within a 60-seconds timeframe of the low battery notification, the settings would be saved as it is.
- Another 60-seconds wait in-between is required once you have set the clock and are about to set the feeding schedule.
- Once you have washed it, make sure you dry it completely before adding the dry pet food in it. In an otherwise case, the dampness might result in mold formation.
If you're looking for a reliable and easy to use cat feeder, then the Cat Mate C3000 is a very good option to consider. It has all the basic features needed, such as: programmable LCD screen, allowing you to serve up to 3 meals a day. You will never have to risk overfeeding your cat or missing a feeding, with the help of the Cat Mate C3000.