Littermaid LM980 Mega Self-Cleaning Litter Box Review
Last Updated on
The brand littermaid understands your bonding with your furry friend and tries to make it stay as it is forever. This brand has previously launched many models of the self-cleaning cat litter boxes but LM980 mega self-cleaning litter box is their most excellent automatic cat litter box till the present time. Its ability to offer service to multiple cats makes it the best and popular among the customers.
Do you have 2 to 3 kittens at your place? Oh, you must love watching them play but let’s admit it; when it comes to scooping their litter, every one of us wishes that we didn’t own these cute little creatures, right?
By bringing home the great littermiad LM980, you can forget about scooping the smelly litter daily. This product has a large waste box receptacle which allows you to stay away from cat’s litter for weeks. A single cat owner can even go for a month without disposing of the waste in the box.
Want to know all about the finest features of the LM980?
Editor's Rating: 4/5 Overall Score
How does it work?
As this machine offer 50% more waste box space unlike other self-cleaning litter boxes; it has a 10-minutes delay cleaning cycle. Once your cat is done with its business and comes out by stepping on the paw cleaning ramp, the littermaid gets to work in 10 minutes. If the cat steps again during the cleaning process, the device stops working and sets itself for a further 10-minutes delay.
The amazing features of the LM980 are as follows:
- Strong and durable self-cleaning mechanism
- Suitable for multi-cat households
- Can serve cats of weight around 5 lbs as well
- Carbon filter for odor control
- A very useful pay cleaning ramp
- Larger in size
- It has high walls which ensure that the litter stays in
- Removable rakes
Things included in the package:
- Waste receptacles: 4
- Carbon filters to catch the foul odor: 4
- Cleaning ramp for cat paws
- AC adapter
- 1 Rake and scoop cleaner
- Battery compartment as a backup
The dimensions of this great litter box are 17.7 x 9.8 x 28 inches. Even though it is large in size but it is light in weight (only 13 pounds) as compared to other brand’s litter boxes.
Pros and cons of the automatic cat litter box in the market:
- Large in size and suitable for 2 to 3 cats
- Paws cleaning ramp ensures that the floor stays clean
- Sufficient delay time of the cleaning cycle
- Collection of the waste is efficient
- It is easy to use and assemble
- The rake is nicely designed to do their job
- Takes lot of space in the room
- Few multi-cats customers complained about the depth of the waste containing box
- There has been a complaint about the length of the prongs
- It is louder than the other devices
- Handles feces better
Click Button Below To Check Current Price On Amazon
Tips and tricks to makes sure you use the box to the fullest:
Do you want to know about the tips and tricks that you can use to make the littermaid LM980 perform to its full capacity? Read below!
- The right place for this litter unit is away from the bedroom. It’s noisy and will surely wake up the light sleepers. Even if you have to keep it in the bedroom, we would prefer turning it off at night.
- Use high-quality clumping litter with the device.
- Make sure that the eye sensor is kept dry. Any contact with the liquid can damage it (sometimes permanently).
- The sides of the litter box have two red lines drawn on it. Consider it a danger sign as the accumulation of the litter above this level would result in an inefficient working of the littermaid LM980 self-cleaning cat litter box.
Overall rating of the automatic cat poop box:
Our final verdict regarding the product LM980 is positive as we find it very suitable for the multi-cat households. For those who own a single cat, this cat litter box can be a bit spacious and would require a large spot in the house. Another deciding factor is the level of automatic scooping service you are looking for. With this automatic litter box at hand, you’ll have to dispose of the waste in the waste box every two to three weeks at an average.